Monday, June 30, 2008

Tied up in a bow

Went to Anonymous Shala for practice yesterday. It was so hot and sticky. And the Gay Pride Parade was scheduled to go down Fifth Avenue, right by Anonymous Shala. I almost bagged it then realized that it would be days before I could practice again, so I'd better get it in gear. Plus I had to give Anna the mysore rug that I ordered for her from LA. It was a slow, heavy, pokey practice. Two or three times I stopped and just sat there, saying to myself 'you can do this, really, you can finish this, you are not that tired'. I quit at ubhayapadangusthasana. When I couldn't get up and actually stop myself on my sit bones, I knew it was time to throw in the towel. The backbends were good though, I actually was able to press forward into my armpits for the first time. Now I think I know what people are babbling about when they say that! I also got a really nice fingertip grab in marichy c. I think I'm figuring out how to move the binding shouler forward and down so that the arm can really rotate behind. Fascinating. For the first time in a long time I also got wrapped up in supta kurmasana. That was nice too.

G: Can you put your shoulders under more?
Me: Nnnngggghhhhh. Nod head slightly.
G: (Presses shoulders under legs) How's that?
Me: Nnnnngggghhhh.
G: Chuckles

The packing went pretty well this weekend, we are almost ready. I think there may be two or three more boxes that need to be packed. I'm so tired though! The heat here is brutal.

5 comments:

alfia said...

Sonya, I am sending you good wishes for your move tomorrow! Let it be breezy and joyful!

LI Ashtangini said...

Thanks Alfia1 I need all the help I can get!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I am so happy for you that the time is finally here! I wish you much love and happiness in your new home.
xoxoxo

eeyore said...

moving's such a blast! especially in hot weather. still, snoopy and i want to come help. however, you might be done by the time we arrive.

Anonymous said...

RUFUS! squeeeeeeeee!