Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fate is a funny thing

So after work on Friday I tried to catch the 5:11 train out of Penn. I ran for the train and when I got to the platform the train was packed, standing room only. I was hot and cranky and had to pee desperately so I said 'f it' and went back upstairs to the concourse to wait for the next train. I went back down to the platform to catch the next train. When I got down there, I realized I was on the platform that has the booze booth on it so I decided I needed some kind of 'de-stressor'. I bought a beer (seriously, I never drink beer) and turned to figure out which end of the platform was the front of the train. As I walked toward the front I saw a guy and thought he looked like a guy that I used to work with at the big evil law firm about three years ago. He was also pretty friendly with BF at the time. I tapped him on the shoulder, hoping it was him and I wasn't going to humiliate myself. Turns out it was! And he lives right here in Port Washington. It was so cool to catch up with him and now we have friends on Long Island! It was very cool.

Today I went to the led half primary/half intermediate class at the shala in Huntington. It was pretty good, my stamina is definitely improving but my hip flexors and quads are still REALLY stiff. Backbending was pretty tough today. Bhekasana. As if. I did one ustrasana and felt really dizzy and nauseous. I'm not exactly sure why. I did a second gentle ustrasana then we blissfully went on to UD. The teacher was trying to help me with headstand (again....poor woman, she thinks I might actually be able to do it, LOL) but she did give me a REALLY helpful tip about what I'm doing. Apparently once I get my hips over my shoulders with my feet still on the floor, I pick up one foot and my hips sag back down so they are no longer balanced over the shoulders. Well that's not gonna work now is it!?! Definitely something to practice with at home. Of course, now that the apartment is filled with boxes, there is nowhere to practice. Shiva only knows when I'll practice again after tomorrow. Tonight BF was trying to get me to blow off class tomorrow. Um, I don't think so!!!! I probably won't be able to practice again until Wednesday morning at best.

Stay tuned for a very un-LIAsh-like post coming soon to a computer screen near you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saved my practice today! Hope you had a good one. Did you try the new headstand thing?

crankyhausfrau said...

just checking in to say hi!
xoxoxo