Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Savasana is the hardest pose

So, I know you're all dying to know....

I did my sun salutations today. Then Pashimatanasana, sarvangasana, halasana (15 breaths each, mind you), sirsasana prep (feet on floor) for only 10 breaths, that was all I could do and I 'took rest' for 25 breaths. For what it's worth, sarvangasana is difficult when you haven't done a full practice. I was so stiff my arms felt like they were going to break off under there. I don't usually have much trouble with shoulderstand so I'm assuming it was because I hadn't done a full practice, and also because I'm still a little sore and stiff from the private with Teacher. Oh yeah, and did I mention that he whipped me into Marichyasana A, B AND C like it was NOTHING. And it never hurts. How does he do that???? Magic Mysore yoga teacher juice?

It looks like we are FINALLY going to receive a lease for the house that we've been trying to rent for almost two weeks. Happy dance! It's a great house and is a real bargain. We actuallly started looking again this week because we started to get antsy about not having a lease yet. Nothing in this price range compares to this house at all. So, fingers crossed that all of this will be resolved by early next week because it's time to start PACKING!!!!!!

8 comments:

LI Ashtangini said...

and i spelled paschimatanasana wrong. Ooops.

Anonymous said...

I am crossing paws for you!

I love how teacher says PaschiMAtanasana! He does not like it when people say paschiMO.

Such a good way to learn headstand. It's how he taught me.

LI Ashtangini said...

Yah, he's big on the pronunciation thing, and using the sanskrit names and not the english names. I always look up the spelling on the AYRI web site. I figure they must be 'right'. I do always want to say paschiMO. In my misspelling I think I left out the C.

Ugh, headstand. God I hate being upside down.

Anonymous said...

I know me too, lots and lots. One of my fave LL teachers is doing an inversion workshop on Sunday but I can't go!

I always want to say paschimO and often I do anyway. It sounds better.

Carl said...

I prefer the pose names as used in the Descriptive Neophyte system. An example is: "theposewhereyousitdownandstickoutyourlegsandgrabyourtoes." That one is known in Sanskri as poshkeemotosana, or something like that.

Shavasana is good stuff. Once you learn the soothing and liberating effects it has on the mind, and the relaxing effect is has on the body, you'll really love it.

LI Ashtangini said...

LOL, that's how I described tiryangmukhaikapada paschimatanasana until I started with C. Then I learned it because I knew he'd call me out on it if I didn't.

Three years of savasana practice and no luck so far.

Anonymous said...

But Carl, there is no TIME, there is always something to do!

Tonight I had time but I was so fucking irritated that I couldn't relax.

Have concluded that I can only savasana at Laughing Lotus.

Anonymous said...

Meme tag! You're it!