Saturday, June 21, 2008

Doggies are so cute

I went to an early vinyasa class at Laughing Lotus with Anna. It was such a fun class, early in the day, the teacher was so sweet and I loved her music selections. The studio had a great vibe and the facilities were nice. I bought their intro special, three classes for $30 so I guess I'll be going back! After a loooooong series of modified sun salutations and standing poses, the teacher dove right into handstand and I dove right out the door to the ladies room. My fear of handstand is stupefying, seriously, plus I was feeling a tad lightheaded and dizzy, so it seemed like a good time to use the facilities and splash some water on my face. When I came back she was having everyone prepare for viparita salabasana. Yeah. The teacher had us do it at the wall but she did it at the middle of the room. Very nice! Anna and I had a few giggles along the way, especially when I ran away from handstand. After class we had a bite to eat and talked and talked and talked. And petted doggies. We think we saw a shiba, plus there were staffies, what looked like a Brussels Griffon pupppy, and two Italian Greyhounds who were terribly cute and very friendly. Naomi Watts was sitting right behind us, I could only see her in the reflection of the glass but she was gorgeous nonetheless. That's the fun of living in NYC or LA. You never know who you might run into!

On the drive home I wrote up a lovely, introspective, probably far more interesting blog post in my head. And of course it's gone now. I need to figure out how I can keep these posts that get written up in my head. Usually my blog ends up being a diary rather than any interesting rumninations.

I've been doing some ruminating about my YOGA ROOM that I will have in the NEW HOUSE. I can't decide what color scheme to go with - either a jewel-toned with lots of brightly colored silk pillows and heavy incense a la Jivamukti and Laughing Lotus or a spa themed color scheme with lots of Zen elements and a nice, neutral paint color a la Home Simply Yoga. If anyone has any opinions, I'm all ears! I'm also hoping to make this house as 'green' as I can without spending a ton of money redoing stuff that doesn't need to be redone. If anyone has a good book or online resource for natural methods of cleaning I would greatly welcome that information. I think I realized (in the middle of the night last night) why the kitchen in the NEW HOUSE is set up the way it is. It has an odd but nice-looking double sink that's separated, there's a built-in oven in the wall but also a regular stove/oven combo. It's a frigging Kosher kitchen, DUH. Had to share that revelation with everyone.

That's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much I want to say but am running late (as usual these days)

I LOVED our morning yesterday and practicing with you! At least you tried the viparita salabasana. I sat there thinking, "I don't think so."

Haven't been to Jiva, but LOVE the decor at laughing lotus, it's jewel-y and just FUN, but I also love Home Simply Yoga, as it's elegant and serene. Hmmm.

Remind me to tell you one day about how I made the people across the street that I was babysitting for bury their dishes.

MEOWETH! We both ROAR!
xx

(0v0) said...

I also love the calming grey-green at HSY. All the choices there are so aesthetically pleasing & thoroughly thought out. Also, I gather that you are in to green backgrounds. So that is my first vote.

However, since you kind of need to colonize your new space there on LI and set it off as an oasis amid so much that is annoying (and in so doing neutralize the annoyingness), something very bold might also be in order. If that would create a little mood-altering drama.

LI Ashtangini said...

I think I might go with the 'Zen' theme. Still mulling.

Anonymous said...

check out AYNY, (for decor I mean)
it is very beautiful, color full, but not over the top
Jane Doe