Friday, June 20, 2008

Boring today

I had a low-motivation practice today. I finally heaved myself out of bed at about 5:40. I managed to get on the mat by about 5:50am. I did some sun sals and started the standing then gave up. I was just sooooo not motivated. BUT, since I was there, on the mat, I decided to do some of my favorite backbends. So that was fun. And really, at least I practiced. I'm going to a vinyasa class (bad lady!) with a friend on Saturday morning then full practice on Sunday at Not-So-Anonymous Shala. So, really, it's a fairly decent practice week. Every week gets just a little bit better. BF keeps whining when I want to go to bed at 9pm sharp (or earlier) and this contributes to my inability to leap out of bed at 5am. I guess I'm going to have to put my foot down and go to bed on time.

I made banana bread last night, it's pretty tasty. And I bought a piece of salmon at Whole Paycheck. I'm going to take up DZM's challenge for today and Google a recipe when I get home, using the ingredients in my fridge and pantry.

Other than that, it's pretty boring around here. My co-workers all took dumbass pill today so everyone seems about 20 IQ points dumber than they were yesterday. I have no idea what's going on there but it's annoying!

5 comments:

V said...

"all took dumbass pill today so everyone seems about 20 IQ points dumber than they were yesterday"

This made me burst out laughing in the office. Thanks!

Stellata said...

There must be something in the air.. i had a similar practice this morning! I am seriously impressed with your motivation though, you rock.

LI Ashtangini said...

V, I laughed when I saw your response. Sometimes I don't preview my posts, I just click 'go'. Sounds rather mean, doesn't it? And I believe it should be 'A dumbass pill'....LOL.

Thank you, Stella! I do the best I can.....

Anonymous said...

Um, not to suggest the pill is working, but that wasn't my challenge -- it was YogaMum's :-)

LI Ashtangini said...

I suck, DZM.....