Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Z!

It is Z's birthday today. He is 9 years old (according to his father some days, he may not make it to 10). So happy birthday Z!!!!!!!

Let's see, I posted last on Friday, I think. It's only a three day weekend and I'm already losing track of time. On Saturday morning I went to the studio in Huntington for the led primary/secondary class. I met the owner of the studio, she taught the class. She's SOOOOO NICE and I really enjoyed her teaching style. She's traditional when appropriate, gives great assists and adjustments and provides really workable modifications when necessary. Even though my backbending is really not 'there' yet, I enjoyed all of the backbending we did. And it was great to practice with OTHER PEOPLE (as opposed to by myself, half-assed, in my living room).

After class, I drove to Huntington Village to hang out for a bit before I looked at the first house of the day's real estate shopping. I have now found two things about Evil Island that I actually like: the classic rock radio station and Huntington Village. I had a gigantic iced tea at the Crackhouse, did some people watching then wandered around for a while. Huntington Village has great shopping (non-chain store type), great looking restaurants, at least two clubs/bars that have live jazz and it's just gorgeous.

After an hour in the village I drove to Northport to look at a 'rustic' beach house. It was definitely rustic and not for us. After that I drove to a different section of Northport and looked at two houses. One of them I really liked so we'll see how it goes. Then I proceeded to get lost amongst the gigundous houses of Huntington Bay. By the time I got home it was time to shower, get dressed and go see the Memorial Day fireworks.

This morning I dragged my sore back (as well as the rest of me) out of bed to drive into the city to practice. It was a fairly lackluster practice but I persevered until Navasana, skipping no vinyasas. My upper back is very sore, especially around the ribs. Perhaps I'm finally learning how to twist in the thoracic spine instead of the lumbar? I've been working very hard on not twisting out of the pelvis during marichy C. Backbends today were not happening. I'm pretty sure I whispered 'fuck' upon coming down from one of them. Very nice.

Today I'm baking a cake for Z's birthday. We're grilling sausages and hot dogs and corn tonight for dinner. Yum! I'll take pictures.

No comments: