Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Eagles!

As in, the Southern/Country Rock band. Yep, we saw 'em last night. I've always loved the Eagles, since I was a little kid back in the 70's. They were really great, subdued but great. And they are OLD. BF kept calling it geezer rock. I must admit, there were a lot of older (older than me) people there, many canes. They started at about 8:30 and when we left maybe around 11pm they were still playing? I was exhausted and my sinuses went crazy in there for some reason. I'm only allergic to cats so I'm not sure what that was about.

I loooooove live music. Almost any kind of live music. Classical, jazz, rock, pop, blues, bluegrass, salsa, opera, whatever, bring it on! One summer I think I went to maybe 5 concerts at Jones Beach. Santana, James Taylor, Kiss, Pearl Jam and I can't remember the other one. And summer is the BEST time for going to concerts of any kind.

Well, I don't want to get too overly excited but it looks like, of the two houses we found that we actually wanted to rent, we got one of them. We got the one that I liked and didn't get the one BF liked (mostly because of the dogs). The house is freaking huge, there's a master bedroom suite with a walk-in closet, bathroom and sitting room (my yoga room? not sure yet, it's carpeted). That's upstairs, in the attic (it's an A-frame house). On the main floor, open kitchen/dining/living room with fireplace and slate tile floors, kitchen has fairly new appliances and nice cabinets. Also two bedrooms and full bathroom. Honestly that would be plenty for us. But the basement has, I think, three finished rooms, one 3/4 bath (has shower, no tub) that is really nicely done plus the laundry room, which is normal unfinished basement. There's a really nice big deck all the way around the house. There's not too terribly much yard but we're ok with that. It also has central air conditioning and is in Huntington, not too far from Huntington Village. Biking distance but not walking distance. The only glitch is that there is a tenant there and she's supposedly paying less than market rate rent and doesn't want to move. But the landlord wants her out so out she goes (hopefully).

No practice today but tomorrow I'm working from the city so Shala in the morning! And everyone does primary so I don't have to watch any acrobatics. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy.....

Congrats on the house! So exciting. And I will see you at practice in the morning! We will be like leopards, sleek and beautiful.

alfia said...

It sounds like an amazing place! There are perks to living in suburbs. A place like that would cost 3-4K per month in our area.
I am happy for you, Sonya!

LI Ashtangini said...

I sang every word to every song (except the new album). I loooooove them.

Oh, and Alfia, it's not that much less than 3k a month. We happened to stumble upon a bargain. Evil Island is very expensive, especially the North Shore.

alfia said...

Oi.
:D