Sunday, May 11, 2008

ARTISAN bread and blueberry cobbler

I have no asana report, so I'll report on other stuff going on in my life.

My grandmother passed away on Friday. Seriously, my relatives are dropping like flies recently. My grandfather last September, my father a week and a half ago and my grandmother on Friday. She had alzheimer's and has been in a nursing home for several years, so to be quite honest, she's in a much better place now. I'm a little sad, but glad she no longer has to live that way. I can't go back to Florida, I have no time off left (new company doesn't do bereavement) and am broke from the trip to Florida for my father anyway. It agitates me that I wasted the trip on my father instead of my grandmother, but what's done is done.

Ladies holiday arrived yesterday so I couldn't go to the shala today. Drag.

I made some ARTISAN bread today. I took some pictures, here they are. The first picture is the dough on the pizza stone after it had risen, right before I put it in the oven.



This picture is the bread after it came out of the oven. I forgot to take the picture before we cut it, so we had already eaten half of the bread when I took the pic.



The freaking ARTISAN bread ROCKED! BF was totally psyched about it, asking me all day if the bread was ready yet. If you don't have the book, you must get it.

I also made a blueberry cobbler. Again really yummy. Here is a pic.



I gave the dogs a bath and then took a little video. They are so frigging cute.



PS I edited this freaking post THREE TIMES. ARGH.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've emailed, but will tell you again here, I'm sorry... your grandmother sounds very sweet, and the good thing is, I'm sure you told her many times before the dementia set in that you loved her. : )

Stupid LH. Mine coming soon.

Bread! Cobbler! I might invite myself over to your house.

chitta vritti said...

i'm so sorry about your grandmother! i'll say the same as Anna, i'm sure she knew you loved her, and i'm also sure you cherish the memory of her.

those dogs ARE freakin' cute! and you are freakin' bossy ;-) seriously, i'm thinking it's a good thing to be bossy with your dogs, or they will be all over you!

damn, that bread looks good. i need to get the book!!!

LI Ashtangini said...

She was a lovely lady. Many will miss her.

Freaking dogs are sooooo spoiled. You see how they don't listen! You gotta say it like you mean it when you want them to do something. Especially when there's two of them. Little spoiled bastards! :)

The bread was not necessarily visually pleasing but it was YUMMY. Get the book! The only special equipment you really need is a pizza stone. I have a stand mixer and that makes life easier but you can use your hands or a regular mixer too.

chitta vritti said...

if the bread was even better than it looks, it must be yummy! what's a pizza stone??? i'm not sure we have that here :-/

Stellata said...

Soooo so so sorry about your Grandmother.

I've watched your doggie video at least 4 times now :) I love how they bark and growl when you tell them what to do - that is EXACTLY what Max does.. he is like a cranky old man. He'll still do it, but he'll growl the whole time :)