Monday, April 28, 2008

Random thoughts from LA

The A-number one thing I want to say is IT IS FUCKING OK TO BE NICE ALL THE TIME. All right? So everyone shut the fuck up and either be nice or not but stop judging.
So there.

It is fucking beautiful here. I had breakfast with Owl this morning. We had a lovely talk, about yoga and her spectacular Editor, who I'll be practicing with later this weekend, about academia and school and more yoga and how lovely Cranky/Happy and Anna and the rest of the cyber-shala is (are?) - ugh, I've completely lost the ability to create a proper sentence. Too much food and sun. Owl is just so lovely, intelligent and vivacious and so freaking young-looking. Did I look that young at her age? Hmmm, NO.

I peeked through the window where Owl was practicing this morning and watched someone give a baddha konasana adjustment by standing on someone's knees. Their knees. No, really, their knees. WTF?

My teacher in NY will be absent from the shala for a while and I am sad.

Seriously, if I could move back I would even be willing to live in the Valley. That's right, I'd pick the Valley over suburban Long Island.

I'm tired and I love it here and I don't want to go back. Except I have to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Owl wonderful? I'm so happy that you got to spend some time together!

We do have such a nice community. I keep saying it but it's true.

Can you beam me to Cali with you? Please?

okrgr said...

only eor is nice ALL the time. the rest of us have our days, even us west coasters. should be a lot cooler back in LI than it was here. hope you had a nice safe trip. come back soon. see you at tim's?

(0v0) said...

Hello! Thanks for coming to meet me this morning, you.

I don't know if I am young looking or just not age-appropriate? Afterwards I chastized myself for giving you a high-5, for example. And I am wearing this hawaiian print girls' dress today too.

Anyway, I know you'll enjoy the last night of your trip. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Eeyore is delightful. Owls! Acorns!

Love everywhere!

(sometimes I am a bitch. But at the moment I am feeling quite delightful.)

LI Ashtangini said...

Okie - I'll take the heat as long as I'm in LA. It's funny, I have many times considered going to Tim's for some practicing....

Anna - Owl is so cute. SSSSOOOOO cute. And very sweet. We had a good time. And she ate eggs so it was all good.

Owl - It's a-ok to high-five me. I do it all the time. And you are freakishly young looking for your age.

alfia said...

Somebody is not being nice?

It sounds like you had a very delightful trip, Sonya! It became triple fun to travel, because we can meet all these wonderful yoga people everywhere we go. This makes me very happy!
Have a safe trip home! :)

eeyore said...

next time you're out west i want to see you, too! i promise i won't ask you to go to naked yoga sunday mornings, unless you want to.
i should come by here more often, such nice things you guys!

LI Ashtangini said...

Eeyore, I'll do naked yoga with you. I LOVE being naked. Unless it's all boys, in which case that would be weird. But if it's gals and guys, I'm up for it any time.