Thursday, April 24, 2008

Food hangover

I'll start out in a happy place then I'm going to do my rant.

I had a GREAT dinner last night with Amy, Anna and Cranky. We had tapas and sangria at Pipa. The food was seriously fantastic, I think I have a bit of a food hangover right now. There was sausage and cheese and some kind of beef thing and some veggie thing and some mushroom thing and these fantastic potato thingies that were so good. And the sangria was fantastic (but not as good as mine, ha!). It was nice to see Cranky and Anna again and to meet Amy, she's lovely and vivacious and sweet. It was such a fun evening.

And now for the rant. If you have children, you might want to skip this one. It's take your offspring to work day. Fuck. In my humble opinion, work is the one place in the entire world (other than the shala) where I won't be exposed to children and their jam hands and their little voices and their pounding feet. And this day RUINS that. Usually I take this day off. FUCKETY FUCK FUCK FUCK. How come there isn't a take your fucking dogs to work day? How come I can't bring my fucking dogs to work? HUH????? FUCK. Or, as Laksmi says, FCUK. TRIPLE FCUK. FCUK, they are here already and it's not even 9am. Thank heavens I'm leaving at noon to go home and pack. Jesus.

No comments: