Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to the grind

Of daily practice, that is. I have no more excuses now. This morning I woke up at 5:15, went downstairs and lounged on the couch until about 6:45 then went back upstairs and got back into bed for another 20 minutes or so. So, now that I'm going back to bed at the right time (between 8:30 and 9), I can get up at 5:15 and practice. By myself. :(

I really did a number on my back this weekend at my Saturday vinyasa class. It's a good thing Sunday was a moon day because I could still barely walk on Sunday morning.

So I'm trying to finish 'What Are You Hungry For?'. And I came across this passage:

"By nurturing and asserting your own internal standard of beauty, you can honestly express the beauty of who you are, not who you wish you were."

This ties in with Cody's post for today. Perhaps if I could be more 'in the moment' (with myself?), I could stop comparing myself to, say, Scarlett Johanssen (or whoever, just an example). OR stop comparing myself to, say, me a year ago. Or five years ago. Or ten years ago. How about Be Here Now, as the book says? Can I just Be Here Now? Can I Eat Here Now? Practice Here Now?

I still want a Fuck Yoga shirt.

2 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

i ALWAYS eat here now.

(0v0) said...

I think the Theravadans call this "eating meditation." Very advanced practice. :) !

Best as you edge back in to this, S.

xo