Monday, April 28, 2008

Everything is better in LA

I have so much to post, I don't know where to begin. As I drove over 'the hill' from the Valley back down into the West Side, with the LA Basin spread before me, I felt a wave of nostalgia and longing so strong I almost cried. I need to live here.

Got very drunk last night at the GasLite. Sang Rock Star by Nickelback. Was far too hung over to have a private with M so I just hung out with her all day today, walking from Santa Monica to Venice and stopping for lunch along the way. Friday I practiced with my very first Mysore teacher, it was nice to see her. Then I had all of my hair cut off (gave that to my friend/teacher M to give to a friend of hers that does weaves for cancer patients) and went for a massage with Butch. It was QUITE a massage. I'm never shy for Butch, he gets into the groins and hip flexors. He sees ALL of my business, it's pretty funny. He says that most of my flexibility issues are tendon tightness and not muscle issues. According to him, my muscles are pretty soft. The tendons are another story. Friday night I had dinner here at the house with C and the girls. I made sangria and we had Suziecakes cupcakes. It was lovely.

Saturday morning we all got up and went to the Festival of Books at UCLA to a kiddie concert then trekked up to Malibu to hang out, have a little lunch and get out of the heat. When we got back, I went to Maha and took a vinyasa class. After that it was a lovely two-margarita dinner at El Cholo then karaoke at the GasLite. So much fun! Tomorrow morning a light breakfast with Owl!!!!!!

It is lovely here. C and the girls are so much fun, and she's so generous with her house and hospitality. I do miss the BF though. That is all for now.

4 comments:

armani said...

Wow! A masseur named Butch who sees all your business. Only in LA?

crankyhausfrau said...

yeah, Armani put that perfectly!

sounds like a fantastic trip! i am so excited to hear about the meeting with the owl!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, reading this is making me nostalgic too! I am so happy for you!

Send my love to Owl!

LI Ashtangini said...

Well, I don't think I'm exactly Butch's type, I'm fairly certain he's gay but he's WONDERFUL and I let him do whatever he thinks is necessary to work all the kinks out. Ahem, that's not nearly as dirty as it sounds!

I have eaten too much while I'm here and it's very hot but coming home is always wonderful.