Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I would like to welcome Rachel Audra to the world. Rachel was born on April 19 at 8:59pm, weighing in at a strapping 6lbs. 14.5 oz and measuring at a towering 19 in. long, at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center.



Rachel, you are sure to be a constant source of joy to your parents. You were a long-hoped-for baby and they certainly went to some trouble to have you! I can't imagine a baby who is more fortunate than you to have such intelligent, educated, fun and funny parents as yours are. Your mother is the single most intelligent woman I know (and I know a LOT of smart women!) and I am lucky to count hers among some of my dearest and longest-lived friendships. And your father is one of the nicest, funniest and most creatively talented people I know. Kid, you got seriously lucky!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!!! I can't wait to meet you.

OK, seriously tearing up as I write this so I have to go now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable and I love what you wrote. What a warm welcome to the world.