Monday, March 17, 2008

Slooooooow practice

My God, 4:30am is early. Too early. However, the LIRR graciously dimmed the lights on the 5:09 train from Port to Penn this morning. I am grateful to them for that.

Friday we got the report cards of the future step-children (can I just call them FSC???). They were fantastic, really, they couldn't have been better. Z improved on everything he needed to and T is still at the tippy top of everything. He even managed to improve his 'unsportsmanlike conduct' knock from last time. He gets VERY frustrated if he doesn't perform as expected in sports activities. So we took them to Cheeseburger Cheeseburger. And I had a Cheeseburger. Very few fries though. It was yum.

Saturday I took a vinyasa class at the local yoga studio. Then I went shopping. For pants. Yeah. Well, I bought two size 14's and one size 12. So what. SO FUCKING WHAT. I'm comfortable, so there. F YOU, stupid evil voice in my head!!!!!! And when I lose these 15 lbs. I will have these pants altered, just like the ones before them. So there.

I cooked the men of the house a roast. It was pretty good, I had a little bit myself. Z ate like 10 rolls. The boy is such a carb-o-holic.

I got up early on Sunday and went to practice with Batman. Apparently there is some sort of track work going on so we had to get off at Shea Stadium and take the 7 train in. For those of you who know the NYC transit system, I won't have to explain any more than that.....

It was a good practice yesterday. Batman cranked me into Marichy C. Twas very nice. I did three whole backbends, yay. I think this stopping at Navasana thing is going to work out just fine. The question is, how am I going to explain myself when I start adding poses back in???? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. After class I had breakfast with my friend and her boyfriend. I hadn't met him yet, so that was nice. He's VERY cute and so nice. I hope it works out for her, he seems like a really good guy and she deserves just such a man.

I went home and slept for two hours after Sunday's class. Apparently the BF and the children came home from their movie and were downstairs for over an hour, I never heard a thing. Had the white noise machine on full blast. I was exhausted. When I got up, BF came home from taking the children home and we had a little bite to eat down the street. I had a big salad with a little chicken. I have been very happy with the eating this weekend. I've had some fattening/sweet things but not too crazy. Plus plenty of exercise, yoga plus I took a long 'power walk' up and down the hills of Port Washington on Saturday.

Got up at 4:30am this morning (yeah, it's a sickness, this thing we do). On the train ride in I questioned my sanity. I got to the shala and practiced very slowly. There's some kind of nagging pain in my right hip that comes and goes. It's in the back, kind of high on the hip, I would love to find out exactly what it is. But, very few knees down in the sun sals and also very few in the vinyasas so I think my strength and stamina is finally coming back. Still no jumpbacks though, maybe next week. Flexibility is still hiding out there somewhere. Perhaps more nighttime 'mini-practices' with hip openers. I need to get BF to take some pics.

I've been here for an hour and a half and have done NO WORK other than talk to my boss on the phone for about 20 minutes. Very nice.

Blubber forecast is still 40% and dropping.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a such a good weekend! And I'm glad that you are silencing that mean judgmental voice. Bad voice.

If you basically stick with this healthy diet/exercise program, the pounds you don't like will melt off very fast. That being said, you really are beautiful and I hope you see that too!

: )

LI Ashtangini said...

Aaaaawwww, shucks!

It's the cookies/brownies/cake/muffins that get me.

The voice is bad, very bad.

Anonymous said...

I know. I have a huge weakness for cupcakes, pasta, potatoes, and all things sugar. I gave up chocolate for Lent, so no Cadbury eggs. However, I have been making do with Peeps!

Tell voice to shut up b/c you have gorgeous skin and hair and beautiful eyes. So there.

LI Ashtangini said...

Oh yes, the hair. I should take pictures soon, since it won't be around much longer. Cranky won't recognize me!!!! :)

crankyhausfrau said...

yeah, foo to that voice, and i wear a size 10-12 and i am like two feet shorter than you! and i think i am just fine! so are you!

Anonymous said...

You said foo!

ENORMOUS hugs.

LI Ashtangini said...

LOL, two feet, more like two inches.

Got the stuff, pants are GREAT. Now if only I could figure out how to put the top on.....