Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Neglected blog

Alert, this post has almost nothing to do about ASS-TANGA or even yoga. It's my personal life over the last few days.

I feel as though I have neglected my blog. However, in my defense I have been working some serious hours, plus trying to spend some quality time with BF AND trying to practice ASS-TANGA YOGA (or even any kind of yoga for that matter) in the midst of all of it. Here is the rundown:

Last week the director (boss's boss) basically said 'you have to have all of these users converted to the new email system by April 11. (Never mind the fact that I'm supposed to go to LA from April 2-7). This AFTER we decided to move said e-mail systems to a new storage unit, thus requiring a total rebuild. So most of my life has been taken up with rebuilding the system and moving users.

On Saturday (after working Friday night until maybe 9pm), I got up, went to the 8:30am vinyasa class here locally in PW, came home, showered and got presentable then BF and I took a field trip to Arthur Avenue. Yummy food and cool stores that sell all kinds of Italian food-related things. It's a meat-lover's paradise, BF was in hog heaven. We left the Bronx and took the scenic route home through Upper Manhattan. BF had never seen Inwood, Hudson Heights, Washington Heights or the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. Went home, had a little dinner, watched tv, went to bed about 11?

On Sunday, I got up at 5am to move mailboxes. I went back to sleep after that was finished at about 5:45 and woke up late for mysore at 9. I didn't make it onto the train until the 9:10 (I like to get the 8:40 if not the 8:10 on Sundays), so didn't show up to the Shala until 10:30.....BECAUSE SOME FUCKHEAD DECIDED TO TAKE A STROLL DOWN THE LIRR TRACKS. Fuck. We sat on the train for like 20 extra minutes outside of Woodside waiting for the cops to come get this asshole. When I got to the Shala......FUCK, NO TEACHER. We had a sub. Fuck fuck fuck. I have to say, I didn't much care for her, but it takes me a while to warm up to a yoga teacher, so it's most likely me and not her. Had a lackluster but ok practice, I was glad I went so that's what matters. That'll teach me to not check the schedule before I leave. Then I had to run uptown to the Upper West Side to run an errand. I didn't get home until almost 2:30. Then, dinner with BF's Aunt and Uncle. In Smithtown. Or, bumfuck, as I like to call it. FUCK. Then home, more working and supposedly sleep.

Also had depressing phone call with my mother on Sunday afternoon during the drive to Bumfuck, er, Smithtown. My grandmother (Alzheimer's, nursing home) is slowly passing away. Apparently she's not very responsive, yet she cries all the time. She can no longer walk and her eyes don't even focus any more. I believe my mother and my uncle are preparing to put her in hospice care. I know this sounds horrible, but I'm ready for her to pass. SHE'S ready for her to pass. What a horrible disease this is! It's just so unfair to be trapped in your own body! :(

I was on call this weekend so on Sunday night I was paged at 10:30pm (I was asleep, was hoping to go to the city to class), 4:30am (had to talk to someone in Romania for 10 minutes.....that's fun when you've been awakened from a dead sleep, let me tell ya!), went back to sleep til about 6 (there was no way in hell I was going to class at this point) and went downstairs to shower, discovering that we had some kind of major issue and the data center had been trying to get ahold of me for like 45 minutes. Oops. Hurried into work where I sat on what we call a 'Sev1', or Severity 1, call until about 10am. I thought I was going to be skewered for not recognizing the widespread issue right away but thankfully I dodged a bullet.

So, yesterday I'm trucking along, working on my conversion. I remove the next server that has to be rebuilt and went home. At about 8pm I get an e-mail from the boss that something is broken. I spend the next 5 hours staring at my computer trying to figure out how to fix the problem. I couldn't fix it so I went to bed, got up at about 5:30, sat in front of my computer again and miraculously figured it out in about an hour. FUCK.

No yoga. And seriously, if anyone needs yoga right now it's me. I don't even care what kind of fucking yoga it is right now. Fuck. I guess I'll try to practice at home in the morning if something doesn't fall on my head today. I swear, these last few months I feel like all the forces of the universe are conspiring to keep me from my yoga practice!

5 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

oy!i admire people like you who understand how computers work! too much working for you! you take rest now.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, you are a busy bee. I hope things are calmer today. It's often when we need yoga the most that there is no time, and its indeed hard to make time!

My grandmother had the beginnings of dementia before she died and I always say that I miss her every day but I'm glad she passed away before it got any worse. That's one of the hardest things ever. Happy healing thoughts to you and your mom.

xxoo!

Yoga Chickie said...

I was there on Sunday, practicing all the way at the far end. I left at about five minutes of 11 to teach the class in the vinyasa room. As I was leaving, I paused in the front of the room to say hello to a former shala mate, and it occurred to me that I was being very very rude to anyone who was practicing nearby, and it COULD be said that I was being quite "schoolgirlish". Color me humbled.

LI Ashtangini said...

S'OK, we're equal opportunity schoolgirlish at the shala... ;)

LI Ashtangini said...

Oh, and Cranky, I laughed when I read 'you take rest now'. We were watching the Encinitas dvd and Guruji said to two of the people about 3/4 of the way through 'you take rest now' and BF was like 'what did he say? did they lose? are they kicked out?' LOL.

Hey Owl, if you're reading this, do you happen to know if one of the people in the Encinitas dvd is Dominic? It kind of looked like him but they mostly focused on Chuck, Maty, Richard and Tim so it was hard to tell.