Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Isn't that the way the song goes? It rained all day. And we lost power here in our little section of Port Washington for a few hours. The BF and I didn't end up going out to the fancy steak house, we just went up the street to a local place instead. When the power went out, BF started FREAKING OUT: 'I'm bored. What are we going to do? I can't just sit here and stare at the walls all night.' Ugh, like a child.

I went to the 'hot vinyasa' class again today. I think I like the teacher, she cracks me up. She reminds me of how I might be if I were a yoga teacher. No one is allowed to slack, you have to try your hardest (without hurting yourself), you're allowed to fail as long as you try and she curses too. Cracks me up. She's a great cheerleader. I try to ignore the fact that she's an Ana Forrest devotee......not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a fun class and the heat is nice. It's not bikram heat, that would make me crazy but it's nice and cozy warm. Problem is, I think I injured myself slightly today. I'm not exactlY sure what I did but when it came time for 'inversion of your choice', I decided to do headstand with the wall (crim, yes, bad lady). I set up my arms, put my head down and when I lifted my hips I felt this searing pain that ran under my right boob all the way around my side to under my shoulder. I mean it HURT. I sat up for a few minutes, tried child's pose. I was hoping it was just gas (not uncommon in my naughty digestive system) but the pain wouldn't go away. Finally it subsided enough that I got into headstand for a few minutes but it's still there. It moved from the back to the front and now it's just kind of a dull ache when I move certain ways or take a deep breath. I hope it doesn't screw up my first practice at the shala in weeks! Looking forward to going tomorrow and seeing Anna and hopefully Eeyore, that will be nice. Also looking forward to the rain ending!

2 comments:

alfia said...

Oh, hope you are OK! I do not like searing pains anywhere. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

HI! It was lovely practicing with you - just good energy in the room! By the way, I have no idea what's up with that CD. I have never known him to do that before and I found it kind of distracting - it sounded like they were OM-ing with upset stomachs.

I hope you feel better.