Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Very very tired

The second part of the LI Ashtangini yoga history is going to have to wait. I'm so unbelievably tired. The BF had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. At one point he sat straight up in bed and made this awful sound like he was going to throw up. He ran downstairs to the bathroom and waited a while but never did barf. This was at about 11:30pm, and of course I had already been in bed for over two hours as I had every intention of practicing on the moon day. He finally came back to bed and proceeded to toss and turn for HOURS. Finally he fell asleep at about 4am but then he started SNORING so I grabbed my pillow and went downstairs to sleep on the couch for a couple of hours. Needless to say, no practice today. It also looks like I won't be making it to the shala this week at all. I haven't worked anything out with the bosses at New Company and I'll be in Baltimore this weekend visiting two of my friends, one of whom just had her second baby and one of whom is about 7 months pregnant with her first. I'm thinking about paying a visit on Sunday morning to a shala I found online in DC but that's almost an hour from where they live. We'll see how that goes.

I started my cleanse/detox/whatever you want to call it. Basically I'm taking these supplements to do a liver/blood/lymphatic/colon cleanse. In addition to that I gave up caffeine, refined sugar and meat this week. Next week I'll probably do vegan and give up dairy in addition to the above. I'm really hoping this will help me with my awful digestive issues as well as get rid of the blubber that accumulated in January. This not sleeping thing with BF is not helping my detox at all! I told him I was going to sleep in the guest room tonight.

Update on my friend A, he's doing very well, out of surgery, still in CICU. He should be moved to a regular hospital room tomorrow or Friday. Yay! Thanks to everyone who sent their good wishes.

8 comments:

alfia said...

Hi, LI Ashtangini!

Your story sounds a lot like mine (though mine ends where you ended your part 1). I also practice in that DC shala you found on the web (we have only 2 here, I am 50% sure you are talking about mine :))
Good luck in Baltimore! Do not trust the Mapquest in estimating the travel time though, everything takes two times longer here, in DC.

LI Ashtangini said...

The rest of my story is just my journey through my ashtanga injuries and breakthroughs. I'll be in South Baltimore, in Halethorpe and it'll be pretty early so hopefully less than an hour, at least for getting to the shala.

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling with the cleanse?

I'm dieting too. So not fun. Glad A is better!

Alfia, I have heard nice things about your shala!

crankyhausfrau said...

hey there! i will be at the DC shala on sunday visiting from out of town. i will try to pick you out of the crowd and say hi!

alfia said...

li ashtangini and cranky housefrau:

If you are really planning to practice in DC on Sunday, it is better to come a little early (around 8:15), because the shala is jam-packed on Sundays. I tend to practice on the most uncomfortable spot - in front of the door to the women's changing room; say hi when passing by! (I tend to sweat a lot and that is the only spot that is far from the heaters and gets a whiff of fresh air. Nobody wants it, but me, so I get no competition there.) I hope we are talking about Ashtanga yoga center with David in Tenleytown, not Faith's studio in Woodley?
It would be fun to meet you! :)
Annabella - thank you for the kind words!

armani said...

Good to hear about A getting better. Will continue to send good healing vibes your way.

Good luck with the detox. Sounds grim. :(

LI Ashtangini said...

Well if Cranky will be there, how can I possibly skip it??? You can't miss me, I have long red hair and gigantic boobs, LOL. The two distinguishing features.

Detox suuuuuucks. I could just pour sugar down my throat right now. And I want a big steak.

alfia said...

Cool! I will be wearing flowery lulu top (black, white and red, I think) and grey pants. Unfortunately, I do not have any distinguishing features and I am very easy to miss :(.
How exciting!