Sunday, February 10, 2008

Practice today......

I finally did it. I got back to my mat. And did all of primary at the shala. I almost stopped at navasana. Then I remembered the bet I have with BF about who can lose the extra weight we gained in January. And I also really needed to challenge myself. It's time to stop putzering. So I kept on sweating. It wasn't a great practice. It was a real bummer to realize I've lost marichasana B and C because of the BLUBBER that I've gained this month. Not that I really had them but I could at least be wrestled into them. But it wasn't too terrible. The hamstrings will complain tomorrow, what else is new. Also was somewhat entertained by Teacher lecturing someone on bhujapidasana from across the room. 'You cannot put your chin to the floor unless your feet are up high!' LOL, as if I can even do that at all. All I can say is, so glad it wasn't me. I would be mortified if he ever did that to me. I also felt really sorry for the assistant who was wrestling me into mari C. Teacher probably could have done it but I was too fat and stiff and she wasn't strong enough. And she's soooooo sweet. She asked if I wanted a D adjustment and I was too humiliated to do it so I told her no thank you. Very nice. Oh, and definitely got distracted by some woman who appeared to be 5 or 6 months pregnant practicing most of second, including karandavasana. Sheesh. Other than that, nothing terribly interesting today. Cleaned out the fridge, did the ironing, mopped the kitchen floor. Fun. Tomorrow, more practice. Hopefully I can crawl out of bed after watching the Grammy Awards.

Stay tuned, possible lurker's amnesty week coming up.....

4 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

Don't feel sorry for the teacher wrestling you into the pose. It's why they are teachers. If it were all easy, it would be boring and unrewarding.

I can just hear your teacher yelling...I used to teach at your shala and I remember hearing him yelling at students. Apparently, some people like that. I once got yelled at by my teacher for the exact same thing - buja-chin-feet not high enough. Silly stuff. Who knows when your feet are high enough to be eligible to put your chin on the floor??!! For me, the chin is a different stretch from the forehead. One is a back lengthener, and one is a stretch between the vertebrae. Whatev.

Keep on, keepin' on...

Lauren

LI Ashtangini said...

Yeah, he's a yeller. But the difference between maybe a year ago and now is huge. He's soooo much different than he was before. He's very into the 'ashtanga' particulars, which doesn't always suit me but I do the best I can. He's obsessed with me keeping my toes together (energy thing, blah blah blah) but I'm severely knock-kneed and it throws my lower back out of whack. Eh. No skin off my back.

Arturo said...

Hi LIA
Would that be a good short version of your screen name? That's a funny post, also a very sincere one. I find that I manage the blubber aspect by sticking to the diet and practicing as much as I can.
Sending you a hug,
Arturo

LI Ashtangini said...

Arturo, I like the abbreviation! Yes, diet is key but it's more the consistent practice that's been lacking this month. That's ok, I'm ON IT now!