Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Home practice

I attempted my second home practice ever today. It wasn't good but wasn't horrible. It was, however, VERY FARKING COLD. I turned the space heater on in the living room and waited about 15 minutes for the room to go from freezer to refrigerator temperature. Had to practice with a long sleeved shirt on and didn't really work up much of a sweat. Did I mention it was cold as hell? I was also really stiff and sore from Sunday but I got through the standing poses and sitting until mari A then gave up. It wasn't too terrible but it was very lonely! I think this is a good thing for me, I need to learn to not be dependent on the energy of the people around me. Definitely when I practice at the shala I am affected by the people around me. If I have to be near someone who bugs me, I'll have a less-than-stellar practice but if I feel like I'm surrounded by people who are non-judgemental and mellow, I'm usually bound to have a more 'successful' practice. Tomorrow is another day.

The sky is totally gray now. The weather is supposed to turn crappy later today, icy snowy yuck. Won't be able to go for a brisk walk like yesterday. Must beat BF in the 'lose the January weight' bet! At least he won't be around tonight to tempt me into eating lots of junk before I go to bed.

No comments: