Sunday, February 24, 2008

Practice in DC

I'm here in chilly Baltimore visiting my new-mommy and soon-to-be-mommy friends. I drove the 45 minutes to DC this morning and arrived at the DC Shala at about 7:45am. I met Tova and Alfia there and we all practiced. It was LOVELY. Alfia is terribly sweet and generous. She gave both Tova and I a mangosteen. Very very sweet. She was behind me so I couldn't see much of her practice but I did see her lovely top of the head dropbacks. Just so everyone knows, Tova is GORGEOUS and has a beautiful practice. And she's so terribly sweet. Everyone there was very nice, including the teachers. A big change from my NY shala where people seem, well, not as friendly. The teacher there stopped me at kurmasana, which is fine. I did some backbends and finishing. He did wrestle with me in mari C so that was fun too. Theyu have a mirror in the room which I tried very hard to avoid looking at.....hate practicing with mirrors. Overall it was a nice experience and I'll probably be there again when I visit the friends and their babies!

I have more thoughts on practice in general, I had some insights this weekend so there will probably be more posting later tonight.

6 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

you are sweet! and also so everyone knows, you have the most beautiful hair and eyes! i have to go find out how to eat a mangosteen!

alfia said...

I wrote my post and then read yours. We both used the same words! Isn't it funny? It was great to meet you both and I am very glad that you will be visiting our shala again!

LI Ashtangini said...

yes, i have no idea what to do with my mangosteen but i'm certainly excited about it anyway! How generous of Alfia to give them out to two strangers she's never met before! :)

crankyhausfrau said...

thoughts?
posting?

ps your word veri called me stupidy!

LI Ashtangini said...

Yeah, I had thoughts but yesterday was such a wretched day that I no longer have any thoughts. At all. And you are definitely not stupidy. I should turn that thing off.

Anonymous said...

see, tova's beauty cannot be captured in pictures. I took some pics of her and yeah, she looks good, but in person--wow. you just can't capture it.