Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No title

I have no title for this post. I'm feeling rather uncreative this morning. I haven't posted in a while so here are the highlights:

The house is finally in a semi-livable condition. The kitchen has been scrubbed numerous times. The a/c has been repaired. The bathrooms have been cleaned (the kids bathroom has been hosed down TWICE and I still think I smell a funny smell). Most of the boxes have been empty and carted away by the trash men. BF has decided we needed a bigger tv. Um, yeah. We even put up some flowers and plants in the side yard. Two tomatoe plants, herbs and some annuals. We managed to revive the sad looking hydrangea bush. Our plan is to transplant the hostas that were planted seemingly randomly all over the side yard into a row growing next to the driveway. This weekend we will go pick up a patio set that we found that wasn't too terribly expensive, and I will buy BF his new grill for his birthday. Still lots of painting to do and the carpet hasn't been cleaned. Grrrr.

Practice notes:

I did manage to practice today in my YOGA ROOM. It's not at all set up yet, all of my buddhas and icons are still packed away in a box, there are spare yoga mats tossed about, nothing on the walls. But I did get in a good hour this morning, including a short and very sloppy headstand. I have something going on in my left hamstring still. It mostly hurts when I'm sitting in a chair. The pain is like a dull, annoying ache under my bumcheek. Standing forward bends seem to aggravate it too, so I've been doing them very gently. I certainly don't want to make it worse, I've read too many stories about people blowing out their hamstrings and not being able to practice for 4 months, 6 months or more.

Special pazzles out to Anna today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the house and the landscaping you are doing sound lovely.

Yes, gently with the forward bending... it'll heal.

And thank you for the pazzles. I need them.

LI Ashtangini said...

Sometimes people just suck, Anna!

The plants are fun, I happen to have inherited a green thumb from my grandfather.

I should have proofed this post, it's so sloppy! I see two glaring errors. Oh well.

You will come visit once the grill is all set up and we have the patio set!!!!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Congrats on your new place!

Anonymous said...

Yes yes! I will lift my Evil Island ban to come to visit you! Looking forward to it. Please let me bring wine! (laughing)

Anonymous said...

Warning:
Be kind to your hamstrings. They take FOREVER to heal if you aren't. I've had an overstretched, achy from time to time one for 7 years!!! Bend your knees when you forward bend for a few weeks, ice it, soak in Epsom Salt...or you'll be sorry.

alfia said...

Semi-livable is good! Having a yoga room is priceless. :) I have a yoga room, aka living room, aka dining room and, occasionally, aka office. Sigh. Post some pictures, when you are done with the house, OK?