Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day starts out very bad......

It can only get better from here, right? I slept for 10 hours last night and could not get up at 5am to practice. Just couldn't do it. I've been absolutely exhausted lately, not sure why.

As seen on my commute in to work today on suburban Long Island:

Quality Cesspools
You Dump It, We Pump It

Yeah.

The commute in today was a total nightmare. The two-lane road that I take to avoid Cold Spring Harbor was being re-paved so I had to wait for an extra 15 minutes just to get out of Huntington. THEN Roslyn Village, on the other end of my commute, was a total construction nightmare. Basically it took me over an hour to get to work when it normally takes about 35 minutes. The best part is, when I got to work, the bathrooms were out of order. And they are STILL out of order. If they aren't fixed by noon, I'm out of here!

Surely this day has to end eventually and I can start over, right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sign is quintessential evil island.

Soon the day will end and you will be with the beasties! Arf.

LI Ashtangini said...

Fucking Long Island. Everybody better get out of my way today!

Anonymous said...

I know. Almost over. Think Berkshires, beasties, yoga, cupcakes, all away from the LIE!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

ugh, crap ass day! Hope it got better!

alfia said...

Hi, Sonya:

How is this week shaping up? Any chance to see pictures of your new place? :P

Arturo said...

Hi LIA
I enjoy reading about those observations of funny things around us, and how they relate to your current feelings.
Cheers,
Arturo