Monday, July 14, 2008

Blog slacker

I've been woefully remiss in my blog posting. Here are some highlights:

Practiced in my little yoga room on Thursday and Friday. Can't wait til it's all set up and nice! However, I did notice that my hands touch the ceiling during sun sals. Ooops. Oh well.

Went to the Huntington Shala for last class with that teacher until she returns from India in a couple of weeks. Had a decent practice, better than last week for sure. Second series looks a whole lot easier than it really is. We went up to ardha matsyendrasana, skipping laghuvajrasana and kapotasna. We partnered up and did a little supta vajrasana. It was nice but MUCH harder than it looks, for sure.

Went to not-so-anonymous shala on Sunday. G is sooooo sweet. I just love him! I picked up Anna in Roslyn and we drove in. I'm pretty sure I frightened her with my crazy driving but it was nice to catch up in person. When I was leaving G asked if I did dropbacks against the wall when I practice at home. I told him sometimes, not lately because I've had this weird hamstring thing that was affecting my whole leg. He said to also backbend against the wall and start trying to climb up. Fun!

We had some very unusual issues while shopping this weekend. Three different things that we bought came with missing pieces! We bought two stands for the playroom downstairs to put the tv/video games on, and one is missing a piece. We bought a patio set and all the screws were missing. And we bought an electric griddle and the power cable was missing. I guess we had bad shopping juju this weekend? BF was agitated but he did manage to put together my new bookshelves in the living room. Hopefully the house will be in such a state soon that I'll be able to take some pictures. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not frighten me. I drive like a controlled maniac. And it was so nice to see you and to catch up.

That is interesting shopping juju for sure. Maybe it's b/c you were shopping on the Evil Island? Are stores possessed?

We are lucky. G is a good teacher. Hey, work on the dropbacks, etc. if you feel inspired. Or not. Your practice. That's the coolest part.

kiran said...

you can walk up and down the wall till the cows come home, it isn't going to teach you squat about coming up from a backbend.
If you want to learn how to drop/come up, try standing away from the wall arms distance, reach back for the wall, touch with your finger tips and realease back up. Continue to do this until your fingers are as low as your hips, then you should be able to get up no problem. You need to use your legs to get up and drop back, not your arms and shoulders.

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Hey, you don't sound at all furious about the bad packaging and missing stuff. Just sort of bemused. Nice! Is that the yoga?

Can't wait to see pics. I just love moving into a new space.

Anonymous said...

Sonya is peaceful and SERENE.

LI Ashtangini said...

BF says it's from living in California for a year. I think it's the yoga. Stuff that used to make me really angry before just doesn't now. HE was really annoyed though!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't see any new posts on this site, should I refresh my browser's cache? Anyone else experiencing this?
I say we just remove warning labels off everything, like someone suggested. This is a good idea.
In my humble opinion, there's a lot of B.S. on this topic all over the internet. How do I know you are not just trying to sell something?
I was once trying to write jokes, and it didn't turn out too well. I'm not the brightest lightbulb, and I live with my mom.

There must be more to life than sitting there wondering if there is more to life.