Monday, January 21, 2008

Home practice.....and it's still cold

Today I tried a real home practice for the first time. While the BF watched ESPN SportsCenter, I practiced. Did 4A's and 3B's then standing poses. Did a few seated without in-between vinyasas then had the BF assist me with paschimotanasana then marichasana A and UD. I didn't do even half the series but I did manage to get going and that's a first for me. Soooooo, if the new job requires that, I will be able to practice at home.

Speaking of new jobs, I'm jobless. That's right, for the first time since I was 14 years old and had my first job, I'm jobless. Two weeks ago today my company completely folded. All 600+ employees out on the street. An e-mail was sent to us on Monday afternoon two weeks ago that basically said 'we are out of funds, please do not come back to work'. I went back to the office that Thursday to collect my personal belongings. Fun. Everyone keeps saying 'oh, it's not your fault'. Really? Because clearly I exercised bad judgement in deciding to stay with said company. I was already looking, thank heavens. Two large corporations were already recruiting me beginning in December, so I wasn't exactly caught flat-footed (which is more than I can say about some of my team members). However, the process has been lengthy with both companies and I'm STILL working on it with both of them! Hopefully I will have something solid this week because this not having a job thing is making me NUTS. The BF has been really great about it but I just don't like it, not one bit. It's also causing my serious eating issue which is not helping my yoga practice AT ALL. Lots of bad eating causes LIAshtangi's piss-poor practice to be even worse than usual.

No comments: