Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cold......very very cold

Apparently roast beef dinners lend themselves to fairly good practice. I dragged out of bed this morning at about 6:45am. It was about 26 degrees outside. Fun. After taking the train into Penn and the subway up to 42nd, I was at the studio and practicing at about 8:45. Shockingly, it wasn't nearly as terrible as I had feared, given that my digestive system was still protesting when I got up. I actually managed to do 4 B sun sals without feeling like I wanted to die or puke. One sign of prgogress is that utthita hasta padangusthasana is improving. I can actually do it on my own without losing my balance. It's far from good but I guess all those hated assists that I get are really working. I was afraid they were holding me back and I'd never learn to do them on my own but I guess I was wrong. I was also wrestled into all 8 marichasanas by either Christopher or his assistants. Those seem to be coming along too. One of the assistants managed to get me into C with a bind on the left side. Probably could have done right too but I think I was fighting her too much. Note to self, must learn to take an assist......I just wish I could figure out why I can't do A and B on my own. All the teacher does is push my elbows in just a little and there I am in a decent bind. Also did three actual backbends. UD is my nemesis and has been since I really hurt my lower back about a year and a half ago (doing UD, no less). I guess I'm just afraid of it. Must have been a great practice though because I fell asleep on the train going home before it even got out of the tunnel and didn't wake up until we were pulling into the Port Washington station. Whoa!

Time to sign off for now. Am watching my Sunday mindless tv, lots and lots of HGTV.

Latest guilty tv pleasure......How to Look Good Naked on Lifetime....and I really HATE Lifetime.

No comments: